HANDBOOK ON TRAFFIC MITIGATION. GUIDELINES FOR LOCAL GOVERNMENTS, EMPLOYERS, DEVELOPERS AND MULTITENANT BUILDING MANAGERS FOR IMPLEMENTING TRAVEL DEMAND MANAGEMENT MEASURES
This handbook provides a list of options that local governments, developers, employers and building owners and managers can employ to address localized congestion problems. It also can help them choose strategies that are appropriate to their communities and sites. The handbook is organized into two sections. Section I focuses on travel demand management (TDM) strategies that can be implemented at the employment site. Topics covered include the development of TDM plans, employee transportation assistance, employer transit incentives, alternative work hour strategies, employment site/community environment design to promote buses and car and van pools, parking management, and transportation management organizations. Section II discusses regulatory options for community implementation. These include trip reduction ordinances, adequate public facilities ordinances, parking ordinances, and various density, land use and growth management tools.
Metropolitan Council of the Twin Cities Area230 East Fifth Street, Mears Park Centre
St Paul, MN United States 55101
- Publication Date: 1989-5
- Features: Appendices; References;
- Pagination: 110 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus transit; Carpools; Developers; Employer sponsored transportation; Employers; Flexible hours; Guidelines; Handbooks; Incentives; Local government; Management; Ordinances; Parking regulations; Public transit; Staggered work hours; Traffic congestion; Traffic mitigation; Travel demand; Urban growth; Vanpools; Zoning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Employee transportation coordinators; Growth management; Mitigation
- Old TRIS Terms: Bus transportation (Intracity); Parking restrictions; Transportation management organizations
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00607603
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Pub No. 550-89-069
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 30 1991 12:00AM