REGISTER OF EXPERTS FOR INFORMATION ON MECHANICS OF STRUCTURAL FAILURE
This Register is comprised of a list of approximately 300 experts from approximately 90 organizations who have published results of theoretical and/or experimental research related to six problem areas in the mechanics of structural failure: (1) Life prediction for structural materials; (2) Fracture toughness testing; (3) Fracture mechanics analysis; (4) Hydrogen embrittlement; (5) Protective coatings; and (6) Composite materials. The criteria for the selection of names for the register are recent contributions to the literature, participation in or support of relevant research programs, and referral by peers. Each author included is listed by organizational affiliation, address, and principal field of expertise. The purpose of the register is to present, in easy reference form, sources for dependable information regarding failure modes and mechanisms of aerospace structures. The register includes two indexes; an alphabetical listing of the experts and an alphabetical listing of the organizations with whom they are affiliated.
- Project Manager: George Mandel, Aerospace Safety Research and Data Institute, Lewis Research Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44135.
Martin Marietta AerospaceOrlando, FL United States 32805
- Carpenter Jr, J L
- Stuhrke, W F
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 93 p.
- TRT Terms: Composite materials; Directories; Embrittlement; Failure; Fracture mechanics; Life expectancy; Protective coatings; Structural deterioration and defects
- Uncontrolled Terms: Hydrogen embrittlement; Structural failures
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials; Society;
- Accession Number: 00097510
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA CR-134754 Contra Rpt
- Contract Numbers: NAS 3-17640
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 29 1975 12:00AM