AREA XV REGIONAL TRANSIT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. UPDATE 1979
Area XV constitutes one of sixteen planning regions in Iowa. This area is predominantly rural in character and had an approximate population of 153,825 (1979). One of the principle purposes of this Update is to facilitate the coordination of services and outline the future directions of transit in Area XV. Section II of the Update explains the existing conditions of regional and small urban transit in Area XV. It describes population characteristics, and the transportation needs of housing agencies and units. Section III answers questions relating to the Regional/Urban Transit Agency Composition. These relate to administration, finance, operations, planning, and marketing to explain these functions and how they are carried out. Section IV contains the Action Plans; Section V describes the Five-Year Programs; Section VII provides the Summary and Conclusions; and Section VIII includes the Supplemental Grant Application Materials that are the request for state transit assistance funds.
Area XV Regional Planning CommissionP.O. Box 1110, 525 Grandview, Room 120
Ottumwa, IA United States 52501
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 152 p.
- TRT Terms: Population; Public transit; Regional transportation; Rural areas; Transit authorities; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fund allocations; Transit services
- Geographic Terms: Iowa
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00607483
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 30 1991 12:00AM