HIGHWAY MAINTENANCE HANDBOOK
The purpose of this book is to give an insight into some of the facets of highway maintenance, which are practised or under development, to aid both the engineer engaged in the discipline, or those needing to know more about this subject. Full coverage of the subject hasn't been attempted: rather a selection has been made to show the areas of "general maintenance" in which most money is commonly spent. Reference is also made to techniques used to establish the basic needs and maintenance programmes. Sections are provided on: a) high profile maintenance such as street cleaning, drainage, landscaping and grass cutting; b) carriageway maintenance, including separate sections on concrete and bituminous pavements; c) footways; d) street lighting and illuminated traffic signs; e) traffic signal maintenance; f) aids to movement, which includes the maintenance of road markings and road work signs and cones; g) road assessment and management systems; h) accident prevention measures; i) winter maintenance; and j) highway structures such as bridges, tunnels and underpasses.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0727715771
Thomas Telford LimitedLondon, United Kingdom
- Publication Date: 1990
- Pagination: 470 p.
- TRT Terms: Highways; Maintenance; Pavements; Prevention; Road markings; Safety; Textbooks; Traffic signals; Traffic signs; Walkways; Winter maintenance
- ITRD Terms: 1661: Accident prevention; 562: Carriageway marking; 2720: Footway; 2755: Highway; 3847: Maintenance; 2955: Pavement; 8526: Textbook; 553: Traffic sign; 565: Traffic signal; 2593: Winter maintenance
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Pavements; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00607118
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- ISBN: 0-7277-1577-1
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 31 1991 12:00AM