RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE DESIGN, CONSTRUCTION AND MONITORING OF GROUND ANCHORAGES. 3RD EDITION
The recommendations given in this book on the use of ground anchors, prestressed or non-prestressed, temporary or permanent in soil and in rock masses, sum up French experience in this field dating back to the 1960's. This book is the translation of the third updating of French standards for ground anchors. The first edition (see IRRD 100685) was published in 1972, and the second edition (see IRRD 106689) in 1977. In chapter one, the importance of good workmanship in construction, the obligations of contracting firms, and the methodology for ground anchor design are highlighted. In chapter two, definitions for service life of ground anchorages, forces acting on ground anchorages, and design characteristics are given. In chapter three, material specifications are reviewed for the steel, bonding cement and bonding resins used. Corrosion protection is discussed in the next chapter, and in chapter five, construction and installation is reviewed. The various types of anchorage tests are highlighted in chapter six. These include: preliminary proving tests; on site proving tests; suitability tests; and acceptance tests and criteria. The last two chapters cover the procedures for periodic monitoring of the residual load, and recommendations to owners. Appendices are provided on: (a) stability of retaining structures; (b) verification of overall stability of vertical anchorages for raft construction; and (c) a guide to preliminary design of anchorages.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/9061917379
AA BalkemaP.O. Box 1675
Rotterdam, Netherlands BR-3000
- Publication Date: 1989
- Pagination: 135 p.
- TRT Terms: Anchorages; Calculation; Construction; Corrosion; Design; Installation; Prevention; Retaining walls; Rocks; Soils; Specifications; Surveillance; Test procedures
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Geotechnology; Maintenance and Preservation; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00606604
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- ISBN: 90-6191-737-9
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 31 1991 12:00AM