THE APPLICATION OF NON-DESTRUCTIVE METHODS OF AN ALIGNMENT PROSPECTING
DE TOEPASSING VAN NIET-DESTRUCTIEVE METHODEN VOOR TRACEVERKENNING
An overall exploration in shallow subsoil of an alignment is an important application of a non-destructive measurement method in geotechnical engineering. The target of this investigation is to examine the prospects and the limitations of the several methods and to inquire if a combination of data from several methods can give more information. Electromagnetical measurements, geo-electrical measurements, ground-penetrating radar and seismic reflection are the methods used. The location chosen is north of the RW12 national road near Woerden-Linschoten. The combination method gives a surplus value for the application of Obstacle exploration. The surplus value is small for the application of geological exploration and a supplementary value for the depth range of the other methods.
Grondmechanica DelftStieltjesweg 2
- Publication Date: 1987-2
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Alignment; Electricity; Magnetic properties; Measurement; Nondestructive tests; Radar; Seismicity; Soil mechanics; Subsoil
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology;
- Accession Number: 00606567
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: CO-286700/
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 31 1991 12:00AM