MANUAL FOR DESIGN OF CONCRETE STONE ROADS
HANDLEIDING ONTWERP VAN WEGEN IN BETONSTEEN
This manual describes the design method for concrete stone roads in practice. This method, based on graphical methods, is used for the design of concrete stone pavement on a sand subgrade or on a unbounded stone base course and a sand subgrade. The method is based on results of test sections. The use of the graphical method is explained and illustrated with calculations. The method describes the requirements, recommendations and method of implementation for the use of such materials and their applications in construction. It recommends that falling-weight deflectometer measurements should be taken on the finished pavement to ascertain its service life and its maintenance requirements. If necessary action can be taken such as compacting the pavement.
Stichting C.R.O.W.Galvanistraat 1
- Publication Date: 1989-5
- Pagination: 32 p.
- Issue Number: 25
- TRT Terms: Cold coated materials; Concrete; Construction management; Crushed rock; Pavement design; Rigid pavements; Textbooks
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00606563
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 31 1991 12:00AM