CRUSHED ASPHALT CEMENT : COLD RECYCLING OF ASPHALT
BREEKASFALTCEMENT : KOUD HERGEBRUIK VAN ASFALT
Crushed asphalt cement has been applied in foundations since 1982. The characteristics for using this in road constructions are described. Similarities and differences with cement-bounded materials like sand-cement and lean concrete are given. Constituent materials consist of crushed asphalt cement, asphalt granulate, water and sand. An advantage of the mix-in-plant-method in relation to the mix-in-place-method is the accurate proportioning of materials which makes mix homogeneity more likely. Costs are caused by transport, treatment and constituent materials like concrete, sand and bitumen emulsion. Crushed asphalt cement is an attractive method on the basis of environmental protection. About 85 % of old asphalt is used with this method. 15-50 % is used for applications of warm asphalt. From a technological point of view, the application in warm asphalt is more attractive than in crushed asphalt cement.
Stichting C.R.O.W.Galvanistraat 1
- Publication Date: 1989-9
- Pagination: 63 p.
- Issue Number: 32
- TRT Terms: Asphaltene; Bituminous mixtures; Cold coated materials; Compressibility; Construction; Cracking; Creep; Crushed rock; Durability; Hot coated materials; Mixing; Pavement design; Pavements; Recycling; Resurfacing; Stiffness
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00606559
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 31 1991 12:00AM