INDICATORS OF ROAD SECTIONS IN THE SECONDARY AND TERTIARY ROAD NETWORK
KENCIJFERS VAN WEGDELEN IN HET TWEEDE EN DERDE ORDE WEGENNET
The secondary and tertiary road network in the Netherlands was examined on the safety of road sections of the different road categories. Data were collected on location, traffic and accident characteristics on a sample of approximetely 5% of this road network. The safety was defined by the quotient of accidents and the use of these roads. The background for the choice of this type of indicator as well as the method of calculation are described in detail. Sections of roads which are forbidden for slow traffic are shown to be safer than roads open to all traffic, but are exceeded in their turn by the single carriage motorway. The indicators are constant for all intensity classes of the roads.
The Hague, Netherlands 2594 AW
- Kars, V
- Publication Date: 1989
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Calculation; Crash rates; Data collection; Farm roads; Highway design; Low volume roads; Methodology; Secondary roads
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00606295
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: R-89-31
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 31 1991 12:00AM