SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE DESIGN OF MOTORWAYS. CHAPTER VI, SAFE FURNISHING OF HARD SHOULDERS
RICHTLIJNEN VOOR HET ONTWERPEN VAN AUTOSNELWEGEN. HOOFDSTUK VI, VEILIGE INRICHTING VAN BERMEN
New developments and changing notions have made it necessary to modify the Dutch specifications for the design of motorways (roa) as introduced in 1975. Chapter VI presents the specifications for a safe furnishing of the hard shoulders and central reserves. Attention is paid to safety fences and crash cushions, obstable free zones, earth dams, cosntruction methods,discontinuities, stiffness, location of lighting columns, telephone-poles, noise barriers, ditches, accident prevention, aesthetics, visibility, parapets, poles, and temporary provisions.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/9012064252
SDU UitgeverijP.O. Box 20014
- Publication Date: 1989
- Pagination: 148 p.
- TRT Terms: Aesthetics; Construction; Ditches; Freeways; Guardrails; Hazards; Highway design; Lighting columns; Location; Maintenance; Medians; Obstructions (Navigation); Paved shoulders; Prevention; Specifications; Telephone
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00605877
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- ISBN: 90-12-06425-2
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 31 1991 12:00AM