AN ASSESSMENT OF THE POTENTIAL OF TELECOMMUTING AS A WORK TRIP REDUCTION STRATEGY FOR THE CENTRAL PUGET SOUND REGION
This report on telecommuting was prepared in support of the VISION 2020 project of the Puget Sound Council of Governments. VISION 2020 analyzed growth and transportation alternatives for the central Puget Sound region. The telecommuting assessment was used during the initial phases of sensitivity testing and alternatives identification. The issue was subsequently integrated into a more comprehensive demand management strategy, included in the preferred vision. The report is presented in four sections: Overview of Telecommuting; Major Issues; Potential Impacts of Telecommuting on Travel Patterns in the Puget Sound Region; and Conclusions and Recommendations.
- Preparation of this report was financed in part by appropriations from local jurisdictions; the Washington State Department of Transportation; and grants from the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration and the Urban Mass Transportation Administration.
Puget Sound Council of GovernmentsGrand Central on the Park, 216 First Avenue South
Seattle, WA United States 98104
- Schneider, J B
- Publication Date: 1988-11
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 62 p.
- TRT Terms: Impacts; Management; Recommendations; Regional transportation; Telecommunications; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Travel patterns
- Geographic Terms: Puget Sound Region; Washington (State)
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Research; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00605742
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 31 1991 12:00AM