BART-II PRE-BART STUDIES OF ENVIRONMENT, LAND USE, RETAIL SALES. PART II, VOLUME III. RESIDENTIAL QUALITY PRIOR TO THE OPENING OF BART
The report is an account of the efforts as empirical definition of the factors involved in residents' perception of environmental quality by means of verbal response indicators. It includes a discussion of the problem of environmental quality and the need for environmental indicators, and a detailed overview and summary of the BART residential impact study. Chapters include-developing dimensions of residential quality, discussion, future work on empirical dimensions, identifying the determinants of residential quality, and future work to identify determinants and add indicators.
- Sponsored in part by Department of Housing and Urban Development, Washington, D.C. See also Bart-2, Part 2, Volume 2, PB-236729, and Bart-2, Part 2, Volume 4, PB-236731.
University of California, BerkeleyInstitute of Urban and Regional Development
Berkeley, CA United States 94720
Metropolitan Transportation CommissionHotel Claremont
Berkeley, CA United States 94705
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
Department of Housing and Urban Development451 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20410
- Appleyard, D
- Publication Date: 1973-6-23
- Pagination: 139 p.
- TRT Terms: Empirical methods; Environmental impacts; Impact studies; Public opinion; Quality control; Rapid transit; Residential areas; Social values; Socioeconomic factors; Surveys; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District
- Uncontrolled Terms: Quality
- Old TRIS Terms: Community values
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00097501
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-90023
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 15 1981 12:00AM