CONCERNED ABOUT AN OLDER DRIVER? A GUIDE FOR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS
This guide was developed under the sponsorship of the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety by Dr. James L. Malfetti and Dr. Darlene Winter, both long experienced in working with older persons. The guide offers comfort and help to both older persons and those concerned about them and tells them that there are actions they both can take. It emphasizes the importance of a driver's license for the independence, lifestyle, and mental health of the elderly and focuses on efforts to help keep older drivers on the road as long as possible within safety limits to themselves and to others. Four main areas covered by this guide are (1) How to Approach an Older Driver About Whom You're Concerned (2) Ways to Assess An Older Driver's Ability (3) How Ageing Influences Driving and (4) Options for Helping Older Persons Maintain or Improve Their Mobility.
Washington, DC 20005
- Malfetti, J L
- Winter, D J
- Publication Date: 1991
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Age; Aged drivers; Driver licenses; Drivers; Driving; Guidelines; Life styles; Passengers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Driver age
- Subject Areas: Highways; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Society;
- Accession Number: 00605535
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 31 1991 12:00AM