OTTUMWA TRANSIT DEVELOPMENT PLAN FOR FISCAL YEAR 1992-1996
This report outlines a five-year strategy for the Ottumwa Transit Authority (OTA). It provides working guidelines for transit development for the fiscal years 1992 through 1996, based on local needs, goals, objectives, and funding. The report gives data on population, activity centers, existing transit services and other factors affecting public transportation. Unmet transportation needs are identified, as are goals and objectives for OTA. This data is then utilized to formulate possible developmental directions for transit services. Existing service levels are detailed and used as the basis for selecting the course of action to be pursued by the OTA. Maintaining existing levels and hours of service has been selected as the developmental strategy for the community during FY92, while the continuation and refinement of this strategy will be pursued in 1993 to 1996. Each section of this plan draws upon previous sections, building to a detailed directional plan for the on-going provision of transit services based upon the data presented. This plan is a working document to be used to develop and pursue appropriate public transport services within Ottumwa.
Area XV Regional Planning CommissionP.O. Box 1110, 525 Grandview, Room 120
Ottumwa, IA United States 52501
- Publication Date: 1991-1
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 64 p.
- TRT Terms: Activity centers; Guidelines; Hours; Level of service; Management; Population; Public transit; Transit authorities
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transit services
- Geographic Terms: Iowa
- Old TRIS Terms: Transit management
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00605534
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 31 1991 12:00AM