THE SURFACE EFFECT SHIP IN THE AMERICAN MERCHANT MARINE. PART 5. AN ANALYSIS OF THE ECONOMIC POTENTIAL OF THE CAPTURED AIR BUBBLE SURFACE EFFECT SHIP IN THE FUTURE TRANSOCEANIC COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT COMPARED WITH CARGO AIRCRAFT AND DISPLACEMENT SHIPS
This report contains the results of an investigation of the economic potential of an advanced marine system. The system under consideration is the Captured Air Bubble (CAB) surface effect ship, and the research effort was directed toward an exploration of the probable economic environment in which the CAB will have to compete in the next ten to twelve years.
- Continuation of Contract MA-3232.
Booz-Allen Applied Research, IncorporatedFlorham Park, NJ United States
- Publication Date: 1965-7
- Pagination: 96 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cushion vehicles; Surface effect ships
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic analysis (Ses)
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00027691
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: MA-3742
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1974 12:00AM