NUMERICAL GROUND IMAGE SYSTEM
This report (1) explains the scan profile method for representing the terrain surface using a numerical surface and (2) provides user instructions for retrieval of cross-sections computed from this suface model along any specified alignment using the Roadway Design System (RDS). The appendix contains an example problem, a detailed explanation of the algorithms used, and the program documentation for the numerical Ground Image (NGI) system.
- Prepared in cooperation with FHWA.
Texas State Department of Highways & Public TranspP.O. Box 5051
Austin, TX United States 78763
- CRAWFORD, W L
- Guess, R R
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 148 p.
- TRT Terms: Algorithms; Computer programs; Cross sections; Highway design; Numerical control; Scanners; Terrain
- Old TRIS Terms: Ground image; Scanning
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00097489
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: THD-1-19-71-186-2F Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: 1019-71-186
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM