STUDY OF HYDROFOIL SEACRAFT, VOLUME 3. PART 6: AUTO-PILOT SYSTEMS FOR STABILITY AND CONTROL
Wave contouring is impractical for the vehicle cruise velocities of this study. The design of an autopilot capable of reducing accelerations in a seaway to within comfort limits and providing stability on all axes is feasible and within the present state of the art. Autopilot design can provide automatic sensitivity changing for variations in boat speed and sea state, controlled take-off and landings, coordinated turns and fail-safe features.
Grumman Aircraft Corporation,
- Publication Date: 1958-10-3
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic pilot; Automatic pilot; Hydrofoil boats; Performance; Stability (Mechanics)
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydrofoil craft; Hydrofoil performance
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00027677
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech Rpt
- Contract Numbers: MA-1730
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1973 12:00AM