TRANSPORTATION OF SPENT FUELS
This paper deals with transportation as a function of movement from point to point and intentionally omits the functions of container selection, packaging, decontamination, surveying, and package labeling as belonging to other expertises within the total system. It discusses the siting of facilities, transportation charges, carrier modes, carrier equipment, loading, vehicle placarding, routing and tracing, bills of lading, state regulations, shipper-receiver liaison, unloading, vehicle surveys and release.
- Proceedings of the 4th Symposium, 22-27 September 1974.
Packaging and Transp of Radioact Mater, Int SympMiami, FL USA
- Turner, L L
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: p. 988-994
- Issue Number: Pt2
- TRT Terms: Freight transportation; Hazardous materials; Logistics; Physical distribution; Spent reactor fuels
- Subject Areas: Energy; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00126420
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 18 1975 12:00AM