SHIP'S BRIDGE CONTROL SYSTEM CONSOLE, SPECIFICATIONS
Specifications are presented for the ship's bridge control system console. A statement of work is first given for system, electrical, and mechanical designs; breadboards and mock-ups; design plans and drawings; prototype fabrication; tools and special test equipment; spare parts list; manufacture test and shipments; installation, shipboard tests, and acceptance; and maintenance, evaluation, and training. Procedures are also given for technical manuals, progress reports, design decision, changes in scope, and approvals. The bulk of the report consists of system specifications for: steering station, position plot, navigation aids, communications, radar, and ship condition subconsoles; open bridge console, target altitude and azimuth equipment, recording equipment; and 400 CPS power supply. Customer furnished material is listed, and figures are included.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number JA-391-2A.
Sperry Piedmont CompanyDivision of Sperry Rand Corporation
Charlottesville, VA USA
- Publication Date: 1961-5
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 40 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridges (Ships); Collision avoidance systems; Conning; Consoles; Control consoles; Ship pilotage
- Old TRIS Terms: Bridge consoles; Conning systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00027665
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: JA-391-2A
- Contract Numbers: MA-2720
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 9 1973 12:00AM