INTEGRATION OF TRANSIT SYSTEMS. SUMMARY
This summary volume contains conclusions reached in the three main volumes of the report, "Integration of Transit Systems. "The objective of the report is to assess the potential for interagency and intermodal integration of transit systems in U.S. urban areas, drawing on an analysis of the successful experience of European transit systems. Vol. I documents the need for transit integration in U.S. urban areas, presents the conceptual and evaluative framework, and reviews current transit integration efforts by Federal, State, and local governments. Vol. II describes in detail four major European transit systems (London, Hamburg, Paris, Munich); gives brief descriptions of six others; and summarizes and appraises the applicability to U.S. systems of European successes. Vol. III deals with the application of these techniques to Philadelphia, San Francisco and Seattle, to an archetypal smaller urban area, and makes a brief assessment of the potential for application in six other U.S. cities. This summary volume serves as a guide to the location of detailed factual information upon which conclusions presented here are based, as well as a summary of the study's findings. An outline of the study and the steps in its execution are presented. The salient points of each volume are brought together, including definition of the forms which integration may take, evaluation of U.S. deficiencies, an approach to identifying systems ready for integration and estimates of costs of U.S. expansion and improvement.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/RI060005
- Three volume set available through NTIS, PB-241269, $25.00.
Interplan Corporation100 North Hope Avenue
Santa Barbara, CA USA
- Krzyczkowski, R
- Vuchic, V
- Remak, R
- Henneman, S
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Foreign; Governments; Integrated systems; Interagency relations; Intermodal transportation; Public transit; Urban areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Integration; Systems integration
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00097471
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- ISBN: RI-06-0005
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-RI-06-0005-73-4
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 13 1981 12:00AM