DUAL MODE TRANSIT SYSTEM - PHASE I
This report was prepared as a result of work performed under contract to UMTA for the design phase of the three phase Dual Mode Transit System (DMTS) Development Program. The main report describes a system that Transportation Technology, Inc. (TTI) believes to be optimal for the UMTA DMTS program. The purpose of this appendix is to view the DMTS based on the passenger interfaces of: demand generation, trip origination, fare collection, transfer operations, and trip termination. Various passenger interface strategies are evaluated and procedures for off-guideway operations are recommended to maximize passenger service and satisfaction. Functional requirements for fare cards, trip tickets, service request equipment, fare collecting equipment, destination selection equipment and passenger information equipment are presented that can be met using existing technologies. Related TTI reports include: the main report; Appendix A- E which contains applicable documents, list of abbreviation, chassis structure calculations, determination of ratio of buses to transporters required for DMTS, and bid specifications for Mercedes-Benz Diesel Bus Model 0309D; and Appendix F - The Interaction of DMTS Demand and Service Levels.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/CO060006
- This report was sponsored by the Urban Mass Transportation Administration, Department of Transportation
Transportation Technology IncorporatedP.O. Box 7293, Park Hill Station
Denver, CO USA 80207
- Farr, L
- Lamoureax, R
- Rosenthal, P
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Pagination: 158 p.
- TRT Terms: Dual mode transportation systems; Fare collection; Interfaces; Passenger comfort; Technology; Transfers; Transportation; Travel demand; Trip generation
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation technology
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00097468
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- ISBN: CO-06-0006
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-CO-06-0006-74-4Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM