SHIP'S BRIDGE CONTROL CONSOLE SYSTEM TECHNICAL MANUAL VOLUME 1
Operational characteristics, operating instructions and maintenance instructions for the Ship's Bridge Control Console System of the Sperry Piedmont Company are presented. Six consoles comprise the system. These are the: (1) Ship's Condition Console, (2) Position Plot Console, (3) Navigation Aids Console, (4) Communications-Radar Console, (5) Steering Console, and (6) Open Bridge Console. Each of these is discussed in a separate section and where the console contains units or systems that are not functionally related each unit or system is covered independently. Information provided consists of both general and functional descriptions, operating instructions, principles of operation and maintenance of the consoles, systems or units. Also included is material common to two or more consoles and information on auxiliary equipment which is not part of any of the consoles.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number JA-19-0034-Vol-1. See MRIS-026737, Vol 2.
Sperry Piedmont CompanyDivision of Sperry Rand Corporation
Charlottesville, VA United States
- Publication Date: 1964-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 468 p.
- Volume: 1
- TRT Terms: Bridges (Ships); Consoles; Maintenance; Operations; Voyage management systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Bridge consoles; Operational procedures
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00027661
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: JA19-0034 Tech Man
- Contract Numbers: MA-2720
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 9 1973 12:00AM