AUTOMATIC CONTAINER IDENTIFICATION CONFERENCE
The American railroad industry, historically faced with substantial capital investment in transport equipment, has developed the Automatic Car Identification System as an aid in insuring the productive use of their equipment. Therefore, the Maritime Administration sponsored the Automatic Container Identification Conference for executive level representatives of steamship lines, railroads, container leasing companies and related transportation organizations and Federal agencies. The purpose of this conference was to acquaint the maritime industry with a technologically advanced approach to equipment identification and control and to promote a climate of intermodal cooperation. The conference was held at the Department of Commerce on Tuesday, January 20, 1970.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1970-1
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic car identification; Automatic equipment identification; Container handling; Containerization; Containers; Optical scanners
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic container identification; Container control; Container tracing
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00005954
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 25 1973 12:00AM