HIGHWAY PAVEMENT MAINTENANCE COSTS AND PAVEMENT TYPE SELECTION
A long-term analysis of pavement maintenance cost has been performed. The analysis does not include construction or resurfacing costs. The sample of pavement sections investigated were chosen to best represent the entire state. These sections were classificed by pavement type; either bituminous concrete, portland cement concrete, or composite. The cost per lane mile (kilometer) per year was calculated for each pavement type by year and by age of pavement. Apparent differences in pavement maintenance costs between the two basic types of pavements were adjudged insignificant from the standpoint of determining pavement type. Because of poor or erroneous cost reporting, actual maintenance costs shown should be interpreted to be accurate in order of magnitude only. /FHWA/
- Record URL:
- Prepared in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration.
Frankfort, KY United States 40601
- Newberry Jr, D C
- Mayes, J G
- Havens, J H
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Age; Asphalt concrete; Composite pavements; Maintenance management; Pavement maintenance; Pore water pressures
- Uncontrolled Terms: Maintenance costs
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation;
- Accession Number: 00097445
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: KYHPR 64-11
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM