EVALUATION OF SELECTED SURFACE STREET NETWORK MODELS
The objective of this study is to select a surface street model best suited for integration with the FREQ3 freeway model and for ultimate incorporation into an urban freeway corridor model. As a result of a fairly comprehensive literature search, four surface street models were selected for investigation: COMBINATION, SIGOP, TRANSYT, and UTCS-1. In addition, a preliminary evaluation indicated that UTCS, although a good model, was not able to meet effectively the needs of the project. The primary thrust of this report is then to evaluate the SIGOP and TRANSYT models. The report begins with a general description of the evaluative procedure and of the selected evaluation criteria. A brief introduction to the SIGOP and TRANSYT models follows. Then the results of the application of these two models to an actual network are described. Finally, the evaluation of the SIGOP and TRANSYT models (with respect to their effectiveness in meeting each of the evaluation criteria) is described, and TRANSYT is selected as the model best suited for project needs. The report ends with a summary and a list of recommendations. /FHWA/
- Study was conducted in cooporation with the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration.
University of California, BerkeleyInstitute of Transportation and Traffic Engineering
Berkeley, CA United States
- Dupuy, A C
- KITTELSON, W K
- May, A D
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Pagination: 102 p.
- TRT Terms: Data analysis; Evaluation; Mathematical analysis; Mathematical models; Networks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00097435
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: C-1-10
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM