BSRA SURVEY OF FACTORS AFFECTING THE PERFORMANCE OF PAINT SYSTEMS
The potential performances of anticorrosive paint systems are seldom realized in practice, because of shortcomings in the preparation of the substrate before painting, the presence of contaminants, and less than ideal conditions obtained during application of the paint. A program was drawn up for the investigation of the effect of various combinations of factors on the performance of paint systems of types in regular use, and the results of this investigation are presented here. The study investigated the relative importance of some of the factors which affect the performance of a coal-tar epoxide paint system, applied over an iron-oxide pigmented polyvinylbutyral prefabrication primer.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/6660842
Benn Brothers Marine Publications LimitedLyon Tower, 125 High Street, Colliers Wood
London SW19 2JN, England
- West, J
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Anticorrosion coatings; Coatings; Corrosion protection; Materials tests; Paint; Primers (Materials); Surface preparation
- Old TRIS Terms: Coating performance; Paint testing
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00126013
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Maritime Research Center, Kings Point
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM