MANUAL-GUIDELINES FOR SKIDDING ACCIDENT REDUCTION
This report was developed in response to the FHWA IM 21-2-73. the report contains guidelines for the Following: 1) A Skid Resistance Inventory; 2) A Systematic Procedure for the Identification and Correction of Hazardous Skid Prone Locations; 3) An Evaluation of Current Pavement Design, Construction and Maintenance Practices to Provide Adequate Skid Resistance Properties for Needs of Traffic; 4) An Annual Report for Skidding Accident Reduction.
- This report was prepared in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration under the Study Title: "Definition of Relative Importance of Factors Affecting Vehicle Skids".
Texas State Department of Highways & Public TranspP.O. Box 5051
Austin, TX USA 78763
- Hankins, K
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Manuals; Pavement design; Pavement maintenance; Paving; Prevention; Safety; Skid resistance
- Non-Preferred Terms: Accident prone drivers; Accident proneness; Unsafe drivers
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00097431
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Rpt. No 135-5 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: 1-10-70-135
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM