NEW WATER TREATMENT PROGRAM FOR STEAM GENERATORS
A new water treatment program for diesel engine exhaust gas heated steam generators of the forced circulation pattern has been developed and is described. The new development solves the very severe problems of waterside corrosion, deposition and scale in diesel engine exhaust gas heated steam generating systems. The problems encountered and how they were overcome, criteria for a water treatment system and how this system meets these requirements, and tests which were performed are all described or explained in this article.
Tokyo News Service Limited10 Ginza Nishi, 8-chome, Chuo-ku
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 3 p.
- Volume: 20
- Issue Number: 3
- Publisher: Tokyo News Service Limited
- TRT Terms: Auxiliary power plants; Container traffic; Corrosion protection; Waste heat utilization
- Old TRIS Terms: Boiler water treatment; Waste heat boilers
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00126005
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Maritime Research Center, Kings Point
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM