REPORT ON INTEGRATED STEAM POWER PLANT, PHASE 1, PART 6. FINAL CONTROL SELECTION
The report recommends the following for use in the Integrated Steam Power Plant: (1) Electric signal transmission for the information data system and essentially all plant controls, (2) Pneumatic operation for all modulating power devices with the exception of hydraulic operation for the main turbine and S.S.T.G. throttle valves, (3) A motor-generator battery set floating on the power line for back up of the electrical control system power supply, (4) A 'Nash,' or equal, water sealed type air compressor, (5) Provisions for enclosing electronic control equipment in an air conditioned area, (6) A metered flow tie-back combustion control system, (7) A three element feedwater control system, (8) Four, steam atomizing, Y-jet oil burners, (9) A fully automated burner control system, (10) Individual flame sensors and diesel oil lighters for each main burner, (11) A solid state digital data information system, (12) Eight electric motor driven steam soot blowers for main boiler cleaning, (13) An automatically selective soot-blower control system.
- See also PB-177853.
Newport News Shipbuilding and Drydock CompanyEngineering Technical Department
Newport News, VA United States
- Publication Date: 1962-10
- Pagination: 181 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Electric power plants; Engine rooms; Remote control
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic control systems; Automatic power plants; Engine room remote control
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00027637
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: MA-2967
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1973 12:00AM