REPORT ON INTEGRATED STEAM POWER PLANT, PHASE 1, PART 4. PRELIMINARY OVERALL PLANT DESIGN SELECTION
The selected major components are: (1) Boiler (a) 1 2-drum, bent-tube, boiler, (b) 600 psig--865F steam conditions, (c) 4-Y Jet burners or equivalent; (2) Propeller drive machinery (a) Single-casing turbine with astern elements, (b) Locked-train gear, (c) Conventional, fixed-pitch propeller (3) Electric plant (a) 1-750 KW turbo-generator for ship's service, non-condensing, (b) 1-750 KW gas turbine generator for ship's standby service, (c) 1-75 KW diesel driven emergency generator, (4) Emergency propulsion and emergency steam-direct connection of 750 KW (110) HP) split-shaft gas turbine in main reduction gear with waste heat boiler, (5) Control system--plant control mode will be the conventional boiler-following.
- See also PB-177851.
Newport News Shipbuilding and Drydock CompanyEngineering Technical Department
Newport News, VA United States
- Publication Date: 1962-9
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric power plants; Electrical systems; Heat balance; Instrumentation; Machinery; Steam power plants; Structural design
- Old TRIS Terms: Machinery instrumentation; Power plant design
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00027635
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: MA-2967
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1973 12:00AM