THE IMPORTANT ROLE OF RATE BUREAUS IN TRANSPORTATION
This first installment of a two-part series discusses the history, scope and function of rate bureaus in establishing prices, rules and general procedures in the regulated segment of the domestic transportation industry. The author sees the drive for drastic curtailing of rate bureau activities as based on a real misunderstanding of the function. He concludes that such bureaus provide essential administrative procedures that appear to be equitable to shippers and carriers in addition to assisting the ICC in its administration of the Interstate Commerce Act.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/4563352
Traffic Service CorporationWashington Building
Washington, DC USA 20005
- Davis, G M
- Publication Date: 1975-8-18
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Deregulation; Laws; Rates; Regulation; Regulations; Tariffs
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Interstate Commerce Commission
- Old TRIS Terms: Government regulations; Rate regulation
- Subject Areas: Law; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00125876
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM