REPORT ON INTEGRATED STEAM POWER PLANT, PHASE 1, PART 2. PRELIMINARY PLANT DESIGN STUDY AND COMPONENT SELECTION
Only the major components in the plant were reviewed and only the auxiliary equipment which may influence the selection of the major components was discussed. Specifically, these are: (a) main boilers, (b) steam turbines with astern elements, (c) steam turbines without astern elements, (d) reduction gears, (e) reverse reduction gears, (f) controllable reversible pitch propellers, (g) ship's service and emergency generator, (h) auxiliary boilers, (i) emergency propulsion. The study considered various kinds of main steam plant components and combined them into the minimum number of plant designs. Components most suitable for the integrated plant are discussed.
- See also PB-177849.
Newport News Shipbuilding and Drydock CompanyEngineering Technical Department
Newport News, VA United States
- Publication Date: 1962-7
- Pagination: 203 p.
- TRT Terms: Controllable pitch propellers; Electric power plants; Electrical systems; Steam power plants; Structural design
- Old TRIS Terms: Power plant design
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00027633
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: MA-2967
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1973 12:00AM