REPORT ON INTEGRATED STEAM POWER PLANT, PHASE 1, PRELIMINARY TECHNICAL REPORT NUMBER 1. OUTLINE OF PLAN FOR ENGINEERING STUDIES REFERENCE PLANT CYCLE SELECTION AND SELECTION OF PLANT STEAM CONDITIONS
Outline of plan for engineering studies--basic reference steam plant cycle, preliminary plant design study and component selection, main plant control system, preliminary overall plant design selection, development of final detailed steam plant heat balance and component selection, final control selection, final report, specifications and arrangement studies; Reference plant cycle selection--gas air heater versus economizer cycle recommendation, bleed steam and number of stages of feed heating, vacuum considerations; Selection of plant steam conditions--boiler considerations, feed pump considerations, piping material and flange standards, economics.
- See also PB-177850.
Newport News Shipbuilding and Drydock CompanyEngineering Technical Department
Newport News, VA United States
- Publication Date: 1962-4-27
- Pagination: 47 p.
- TRT Terms: Control; Economics; Electric power plants; Heat balance; Structural design
- Old TRIS Terms: Power plant control; Power plant design; Power plant economics
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00027632
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Prelim Rpt
- Contract Numbers: MA-2967
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1973 12:00AM