PERSONAL RAPID TRANSIT--MORGANTOWN, W. VA.
Personal Rapid Transit (PRT) is a relatively new transportation mode, offering passengers a direct, non-stop, origin/destination ride, on demand. Development has taken various forms, and still continues at a considerable pace with intense interest. The first full operational PRT system in the world is at Morgantown, W. Va., and is described in detail. Some observations are offered on capital and recurrent costs, and means of meeting them through revenue.
- Presented at the 6th SAMPE National Technology Conference, Dayton, Ohio. October 8-10, 1974.
Society for Advance of Material & Processing EngBox 613
Azusa, CA United States 91702
- Cunliffe, J P
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: p. 36-45
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Costs; Intelligent transportation systems; Personal rapid transit; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis
- Geographic Terms: Morgantown (West Virginia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems
- Subject Areas: Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00125805
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1982 12:00AM