OPERATIONS ANALYSIS OF MARITIME TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS. DESCRIPTION AND ECONOMICS OF AN IMPROVED SYSTEM ON TRADE ROUTE 8
The first of two parallel reports which together comprise the fourth phase of the Selected Routes Study on operations analysis of the maritime transportation systems, this report gives a description and the economics of an improved system on Trade Route 8. The report is primarily a refinement of a preceding report with certain limitations regarding systems (restricting this study to that of the "Warehouse" fleet) and cargo load conditions. It is concluded that there are economic advantages to an improved fleet of Warehouse Ships, although there is need for further demonstration of the manner in which the cargo would be loaded, stowed, and discharged under various conditions.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number V-5240-1-D8.
Sharp (George G) Incorporated30 Church Street
New York City, NY United States 10007
Little (Arthur D), IncorporatedAcorn Park
Cambridge, MA United States 02140
- Publication Date: 1963-12-20
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 113 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo ships; Operations research; Shipping; Systems analysis; Trade routes; Transportation; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation system analysis
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Operations and Traffic Management; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00027623
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: V-5240-1
- Contract Numbers: MA-2451
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 9 1973 12:00AM