OPERATIONS ANALYSIS OF MARITIME TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS REPORT ON IMPROVED SYSTEMS FOR TRADE ROUTE 10
Part of a series on operations analysis for maritime transportation systems, this report describes improved systems for Trade Route 10, U.S. North Atlantic to the Mediterranean. The two improved systems are based on one ship type, the Warehouse Ship, and each is evaluated against a corresponding "base" system using a conventional ship type representative of present replacement programs for Mediterranean service. Results of the economic evaluations of the improved and based systems are summarized with respect to transportation costs, capital costs, capital recovery factors, and subsidy; and the two improved systems are definitely superior. It is concluded that serious consideration should be given to further development of the study of this route.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number V-5240-1-I10.
Sharp (George G) Incorporated100 Church Street
New York, NY USA 10007
- Publication Date: 1963-3-15
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 123 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Economics; Shipping; Systems analysis; Trade routes; Transportation; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation system analysis
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Operations and Traffic Management; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00027621
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: V-5240-1
- Contract Numbers: MA-2451
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 9 1974 12:00AM