OPERATIONS ANALYSIS OF MARITIME TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS
A progress report on the Selected Routes Study for maritime transportation systems is presented, reviewing the background, philosophy, and objectives of the study, indicating the progress to date, and outlining plans for the continuation of the study. Consideration is given to the selection of routes and services, and to data analysis for selected routes for cargo, schedules, itineraries, ships and fleets, competition, ports and terminals, and inland water links. Systems analysis is provided on advanced ship analysis, cost factors, and improved systems. The bulk of the report consists of appendices on Trade Routes 7 and/or 8, Trade Route 10, Trade Route 29, examples of advanced ship analysis, and a system for classifying cargo commodities.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number V-5240-1.
Sharp (George G) Incorporated30 Church Street
New York City, NY USA 10007
Little (Arthur D), IncorporatedAcorn Park
Cambridge, MA USA 02140
- Publication Date: 1961-6-30
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 296 p.
- TRT Terms: Integrated systems; Scheduling; Ship operations; Systems analysis; Trade routes; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Integrated transportation systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation system analysis
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Operations and Traffic Management; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00027620
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: V-5240-1 Prog Rpt
- Contract Numbers: MA-2451
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 9 1973 12:00AM