NUCLEAR MERCHANT SHIP REACTOR FINAL SAFEGUARDS REPORT. VOLUME 7: POWER PLANT ACCIDENTS
Written record is presented of examinations made of many postulated accidents within the N.S. Savannah power plant considered during assessment of its design and safety. Design details and safety features included show no appreciable hazard to the public or crew during power plant operation, even during loss of primary coolant. Accidents are classified in reactivity, mechanical, and miscellaneous categories.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number BAW-1164-Vol-7.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA United States 24504
- Publication Date: 1960-3
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 127 p.
- Volume: 7
- TRT Terms: Crashes; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Operations; Prevention; Safety; Standards
- Uncontrolled Terms: Safety standards
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor accidents; Nuclear reactor operation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00027605
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: BAW-1164 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-274
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 9 1973 12:00AM