NUCLEAR MERCHANT SHIP REACTOR FINAL SAFEGUARDS REPORT. VOLUME 5: CREW TRAINING
Training program for senior deck officers and engineer officers ensures the N.S. Savannah will be manned by a fully qualified crew. An integrated curriculum of comprehensive course work, including classroom and on-site training, trains experienced and licensed marine engineers to become qualified reactor operators. The academic phase of the senior deck officer's training program prepares the officers for responsibilities involved in safe ship operation and administration. Field training is also conducted at various reactor and industrial sites. A special training program for non-licensed crew members is also conducted. This course includes an introduction to nuclear propulsion and practical aspects of radiation detection, monitoring, and decontamination procedures. Descriptions of the curriculum offered in each of the training programs is included.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number BAW-1164-Vol-5.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA United States 24504
- Publication Date: 1960-9
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 92 p.
- Volume: 5
- TRT Terms: Nuclear powered ships; Ship operations; Training
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00027604
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: BAW-1164
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-274
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 9 1973 12:00AM