NUCLEAR MERCHANT SHIP REACTOR FINAL SAFEGUARDS REPORT. VOLUME 4: ORGANIZATION AND MANAGEMENT OF OPERATIONS
Corporate organization and management is presented for the N.S. Savannah operations agent together with specific organization for ship operation. The operating agent has the responsibility for manning the ship, ensuring safe reactor operation and ship navigation, personnel training, passenger and cargo service integration, and routine maintenance and servicing. Personnel organization on the Savannah includes requirements and responsibilities for the technical staff and the crew. Standards governing ship repair and maintenance are formulated by management and by various regulatory agencies. Organization charts, job descriptions, and licensing subjects are provided, as well as detailed standing orders for radar and watches, and a communications plan.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number BAW-1164-Vol-4.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA USA 24504
States Marine Lines, Incorporated,
- Publication Date: 1960-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 69 p.
- Volume: 4
- TRT Terms: Corporations; Management; Nuclear powered ships; Personnel management; Research; Ship operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Management systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Corporate research
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00027603
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: BAW-1164 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-274
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 9 1973 12:00AM