NS SAVANNAH SAFETY ASSESSMENT. VOLUME 5, PART 2: TEST DATA SEA TRIAL REPORTS, REACTOR SYSTEMS TESTS
This volume consists of eight reports from the N.S. Savannah reactor manufacturer and shipbuilder, the design and engineering consultant laboratory, and from the ship operator. The reactor system test program was divided into five phases. Phase 1 tests demonstrated the adequacy of construction and installation of components, structures, wiring and piping. Phase 2 tests determined the integrity and functional adequacy of all systems insofar as is possible prior to actual operation of the reactor. In Phase 3 the reactor fuel was installed and operations conducted at low power to explore, primarily, the physics of the reactor. Phase 4 tests provided an orderly progression from Phase 2 zero power tests to power operation, including the testing of plant response to transient steam load conditions. In Phase 5, the dockside power operation was continued through 40% of full power.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number N-4-NSSA-Vol-5-Pt-2. See MRIS-027590, Vol 1; MRIS-027591, Vol 2; MRIS-027592, Vol 3; MRIS-027593, Vol 4; MRIS-027594, Vol 5, Pt 1.
New York Shipbuilding CorporationYorktown, VA United States
- Publication Date: 1962-7
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: 262 p.
- Volume: 5
- Issue Number: Pt2
- TRT Terms: Nuclear power plants; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Operations; Ship trials
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor operation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00027595
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 9 1973 12:00AM