NS SAVANNAH SAFETY ASSESSMENT. VOLUME 5, PART 1: TEST AND SEA TRIAL REPORTS, SHIP TRIALS
This volume consists of a detailed description of the N.S. Savannah's hull and machinery and the Maritime Administration's Trial Board Report of the Ship's sea trials. A series of four sea trials were performed. During the first trial certain emergency propulsion tests were conducted. The second sea trial was conducted primarily for the purpose of operating the reactor through the 80% power range. One hundred percent operation was achieved on the third sea trial. A fourth sea trial was confined to ship tests, standardization and the maneuvering tests. Machinery name plate data and copies of certificates and documents are provided.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number N-4-NSSA-Vol-5 Pt-1. See MRIS-027590, Vol 1; MRIS-027591, Vol 2; MRIS-027592, Vol 3; MRIS-027593, Vol 4; MRIS-027595, Vol 5, Pt 2.
New York Shipbuilding CorporationYorktown, VA USA
- Publication Date: 1962-7
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 425 p.
- Volume: 5
- Issue Number: Pt1
- TRT Terms: Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Operations; Ship trials
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor operation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00027594
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-274
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 9 1973 12:00AM