NS SAVANNAH SAFETY ASSESSMENT. VOLUME 4: ANALYSIS OF HYPOTHETICAL ACCIDENTS
This volume summarizes the analyses of representative hypothetical marine reactor accidents to the N.S. Savannah in relation to the safety features of the power plant and the ship. Power plant accidents described include reactivity accidents, mechanical failures, and miscellaneous accidents such as fire within the containment vessel or failure of the waste management system. Detailed analyses is made of the accidents to which any ship is exposed in normal operation including collision, grounding, flooding, sinking, heavy weather, fire, and explosion. Extensive drawings and tables accompany the descriptions.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number S-7-N-Vol-4. See MRIS-027590, Vol 1; MRIS-027591, Vol 2; MRIS-027592, Vol 3; MRIS-027594, Vol 5, Pt 1; MRIS-027595, Vol 5, Pt 2.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA United States 24504
- Publication Date: 1960-11
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 199 p.
- Volume: 4
- TRT Terms: Crashes; Nuclear power plants; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor accidents
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00027593
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-274
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 9 1996 12:00AM