NS SAVANNAH PRIMARY COOLANT PUMP REPLACEMENT. PART 2: PUMP REPLACEMENT AND TEST
As a result of failure of two of the N.S. Savannah's four rotor primary coolant pumps, all four primary system pumps were replaced. This report covers the replacement of the pumps. The modifications and installation work was complete and the reactor critical within 94 days.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number STS-72A.
Savannah Technical StaffMaritime Administration and Atomic Energy Commission
Washington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 1966-5
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Crashes; Equipment maintenance; Nuclear power plants; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Ships; Vehicle maintenance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor accidents; Nuclear reactor maintenance
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00027586
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: STS-72A
- Contract Numbers: NP-16299 (Pt 2)
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 9 1973 12:00AM