NS SAVANNAH NUCLEAR POWER PLANT OPERATING MANUAL. VOLUME 3: FUELING, MAINTENANCE AND HEALTH PHYSICS
Three distinct facets of operation of the N.S. Savannah are presented. Fueling instructions are covered in the first portion. Among the areas included are: warning and safety notices; reactor head removal procedures; and reactor vessel head installation. An appendix of 26 figures accompanies this section. Maintenance of the nuclear power plant is dealt with next. Reactor plant maintenance and instrument calibration and maintenance are found in the second section. Lubricants, testing, cleanliness requirements and procedures, and equipment removal are among the maintenance aspects discussed. A health physics program to provide effective radiation protection for all persons associated with the ship is covered in the final section of the manual.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number BAW-600-0048-Vol 3. See MRIS-027578, Vol 1; MRIS-027579, Vol 2.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyNew York, NY USA
- Publication Date: 1960-4-15
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 391 p.
- Volume: 3
- TRT Terms: Maintenance; Nuclear power plants; Nuclear powered ships; Radiation doses; Refueling
- Old TRIS Terms: Radiological safety
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00027580
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: BAW-600-0048 Oper Man
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-274
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 9 1973 12:00AM