MATHEMATICAL SHIP LOFTING AND NUMERICAL CONTROL OF SHIPYARD FABRICATING EQUIPMENT. VOLUME 5, DEVELOPMENT AND TESTING OF PROGRAMMING SYSTEM FOR NUMERICALLY CONTROLLED FLAME CUTTING OF SHIPS PARTS, SUMMARY REPORT
Efforts were directed to: the background work leading to the development of the system; revised specifications for an automatic parts programming language for shipyard requirements; a study and comparison of available automatic parts programming languages; results of production testing of the system; a discussion of the economics of numerically controlled flame cutting; conclusions drawn from experience to date; recommendations for future action.
Todd Shipyards CorporationLos Angeles Division
San Pedro, CA USA
- Publication Date: 1963-3
- Pagination: 89 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic welding; Automation; Control systems; Layout; Numerical control; Shipyards
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic welding systems; Lofting; Numerical control systems; Shipyard mechanization
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00027575
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TR-5-5-0 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: Nobs 4427
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1973 12:00AM