GROUND EFFECT SHIP DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. PART 2: PRELIMINARY DESIGN: PART 3: DEVELOPMENT TESTING
The first major step in experimental proof of previous analytical results in a program which seeks to provide a practical vehicle is represented in this report. Two basic sections are contained in the report and present results on both preliminary design and development testing. The Preliminary Design Section presents a comprehensive account of the work done to date on the various major aspects of the design. The Development Testing Section presents the experimental data obtained to date on the test program currently underway. Data presented show that: 1) a configuration has been defined which provides for the cargo and passenger space requirements in an envelope which predicts high translational efficiency; 2) the configuration defined is capable of achieving an L/D in excess of 20 in an operational manner; and 3) design work has progressed to a point where the essential structural and operational elements have been defined.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number VRC-R-14. See MRIS-027543, Pt. 1.
Vehicle Research Corporation1661 Lombardy Road
Pasadena, CA United States
- Publication Date: 1962-5-31
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 150 p.
- Issue Number: Pt2,3
- TRT Terms: Design; Feasibility analysis; Surface effect ships
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00027544
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: 14 Status Rpt
- Contract Numbers: MA-2849
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 9 1973 12:00AM