CRITERIA FOR GUIDANCE IN THE DESIGN OF NUCLEAR POWERED MERCHANT SHIPS. PART 3. SECTION 8-17.
The report contains design criteria for merchant ships powered by a nuclear plant utilizing a single pressurized water or boiling water reactor. The following subjects are covered: Reactor and reactor systems, control systems, Electrical systems, health physics, waste disposal, ventillation systems, shield design and optimization, marine accident analysis.
- This report is the revised edition of the original manuscript submitted Jan. 1960. See also PB-173602-1, MRIS #027517, and PB-173602-2, MRIS #027518.
Gibbs and Cox, Inc.New York, NY United States
- Publication Date: 1961-5
- Pagination: 521 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Health physics; Nuclear power; Nuclear power plants; Nuclear reactors; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00027516
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: MA-1681
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 9 1973 12:00AM