OFFSHORE PLATFORM COMMUNICATIONS
A method of radio communications, known as tropospheric scatter, is described. This communications method has a high degree of reliability for a variety of differing conditions. Just what this system is, and how it operates, is explained, and various system characteristics which must be dealt with in order to obtain high quality operation are discussed. The flexibility of the system is also discussed, as is the system capacity and frequencies of operation, and an actual system is described, which operates from the shore to offshore oil platforms.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/6660842
Benn Brothers Marine Publications LimitedLyon Tower, 125 High Street, Colliers Wood
London SW19 2JN, England
- Weston, D N
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Offshore platforms; Radio
- Old TRIS Terms: Tropospheric communications
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00099961
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Maritime Research Center, Kings Point
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM