MACHINERY TRENDS WITH PARTICULAR REFERENCE TO LARGE ENERGY CARRIERS
The paper begins by reviewing the projected growth in world tonnage up to 1985, identifying both the general trend and the ship types which are emerging. Changes in emphasis in machinery installation design are considered together with the machinery installations appropriate to large energy carriers. Future developments in machinery are discussed and related to the current and future share of the market for each type of prime mover. An economic analysis of alternate machinery installations appropriate to very large crude carriers is presented and the impact of operational costs, particularly ship availability, is demonstrated.
- Presented at the 1974 West European Conference on Marine Technology. Available as complete volume at $50.00 (10 papers).
Marine Media Management, Limited76 Mark Lane
London EC3R 7JW, England
- Milne, P A
- Craig, M F
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 10 p.
- West European Conference on Marine Technology (74)
- Publisher: Marine Media Management, Limited
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Economics; Electric power plants; Installation; Machinery; Operating costs; Propulsion; Tankers
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic analysis (Propulsion systems); Power plant economics; Tanker propulsion
- Subject Areas: Economics; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00099940
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: PTJ Publishing Incorporated
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM